|Home • Trainings • Quiz • Tips • Tutorials • Functional • Cert Q's • Interview Q's • Jobs • Testimonials • Advertise • Contact Us|
SAP® Business Workflow
Triggering of Events/Workflow upon Status Change
By Suresh Kumar Parvathaneni
Triggering of events upon Status Change of a Production Order
Creation of Production Order: Before configuring workflow for Production Order, we would first create a production order and observe the events that are triggered by SAP (by default).
Ø Switch on the event trace using the transaction SWELS
Ø Go to transaction CO01 and create a Production Order.
Press SAVE and click on the
The Production order is created. Now go to either CO02/CO03 to
understand the statuses set for the document created.
Click on ‘i’ button.
The above statuses are set to
this doc ument.
Switch of the event trace and check for the events triggered
during the production order creation.
Now the requirement is to trigger a custom event, when the status
MANC is set (please refer to the above screens for details).
Steps to trigger
a custom event whenever the production order status is set to MANC:
· Go to transaction SWO1.
· Create a custom business object by taking BUS2005 (Production Order) as Super type.
· Create a new event, for example MANC.
· Implement and Release the business object component and the business object.
· Go to transaction BSVW (Status Management)
· Click on ‘Customer Settings’
· Go to change mode and click on ‘New Entries’.
· Enter the following:
· Press SAVE and select the above row and click on ‘Status restrictions’.
· Click on New entries
· Press F4 and select MANC from the list.
Save the entries.
Now create a production order (Tcode CO01) and if the status of the document is MANC, then the above event would be triggered.
Following is the screenshot from event trace:
Please send us your feedback/suggestions at webmaster@SAPTechnical.COM
©2006-2007 SAPTechnical.COM. All rights reserved.
product names are trademarks of their respective companies. SAPTechnical.COM
is in no way affiliated with SAP AG.
Graphic Design by Round the Bend Wizards